Saturday, November 8, 2008

Chess Moves

13 comments:

izyan :D said...

Dear Miss Wen,
I am sorry because I don't really quite know where to comment on the title: The pen is mighty than the sword.
The pen is mighty than the sword because the pen helps us to write and when it is spoil or emptied, we can just buy a new pen which cost around $1-$2.
The sword next. The sword helps us to fight with enemies. However, when we killed someone with the sword, we would be put in jail and the sword would not help us. If the sword t=is spoil, we will have to come out lots of money to replace it.
Thank You,
Izyan

xuanyin said...

I think "the pen is mightier than the sword" means that big things are not always more powerful and useful than small things. Sometimes, small things are more powerful and useful than big things.

whatever princess said...

jingying

ms wen thank you for posting the video now i know the game better and find it more interesting to play.

Anonymous said...

I think "the pen is mightier than the sword" means that although an object is small, it maybe more powerful than its orginal size.
Valerie~

Lyme said...

Dear Ms Wen,
I don't think I could find "The pen is mightier than the sword" topic.So , I do have to write it out right?But I do not know what to write.Is it the meaning of it?
If it is,I could just write it and also express my feelings about the phrase.

From,
Haziq

Lyme said...

Dear Ms Wen,
I think I should tell the meaning of the phrase "The pen is mightier than the sword" in the comments right?

Well,I guees it means that when you hold a pen and starting to write,a lot of ideas will just appear in you mind but I think that holding a sword will give you BAD ideas such as to fight for victory.

W said...

I am glad to see your attempts at explaining the phrase. I know it was not easy and I applaud your courage.
I would leave this online for a while before commenting. There are no right or wrong answers, just how you perceive the meaning. Irah though has captured the gist of the idea.
Love Ms Wen

Anonymous said...

i tink it means words and communication are more powerful than wars and fighting.
till then,
angeline...

Anonymous said...

i tink the chess is fun but challenging...
till then,
angeline

W said...

Angeline,
Please edit your comments " I think" and not "I tink" Please note that I will require you to put a little more thought before comments. Let us work towards using Good English in class and in our blog.
Thank you,
Love Ms Wen

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms Wen,
I think the pen ismightier than the sword. A sword can just take a life when we are angry but a pen can write good things about a evil person and it can change the person's life.
Vijay.

Anonymous said...

Ms Wen
I am selected for the quater finals I will try my best to win chen yei(sorry i do not know how to spell his name) today later. I will bring pride to our class by winning this compitetion and bring back the image of the class when we lost it by getting detention.
Vijay

Anonymous said...

Angeline says
I am sorry, that I wrote it in short form...Because I forget that I am writing in our class blog.I thought I am writing in a letter and is maybe in a rush too...