Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Character

One's character does not come from being told what to do, when to do and how to do.
A person's character reveals itself through the person's actions, manner and how he treats others.
I think a person is kind when he is kind to everyone, not just to a selected group of people.

Character is important because it determines who you are and who you will be in future.
For instance, if you cheat during a test or examination, you may get away without being punished.
Your conscience may not be pricked or you may not even feel guilty. However, a person who cheats, gets away scot free will try to do it again. Over time, this behaviour becomes a habit and it becomes ingrained in that person's character.

Eventually people will not respect you because they can not or do not trust you. 
I think we decide who we want to be and we control how we behave.

Share your comments. If there are any words you do not understand, read the context again and try to guess the meaning. For those who have to improve their vocabulary and comprehension skills, this is a good exercise. Write down what you think are the meaning of the words and I will share the answers later in the comments.

This exercise is also good for your Conversation. 

I would like to thank Khai, Shaleni, Dexter for their attentiveness today in class.
It made a difference and made me eager to teach.

I would like to thank Jia Hui, Sally, Beline and Valerie for trying to answer the questions.
It may not be right but at least you tried and this is more important.
Of course, the boys - you are responsive. Thank you Pat, Clayton, Haz, Hilman, Matin, Shawn, Jeremy for being patient.

I would also like to commend Dexter, Shawn, Hilman, Jiahui, Khai, Justin, Evan for helping me with the collection. I am sure there are more of you. Your names may not be here but my appreciation is still the same. Your efforts have made it easier for me to go to 5H. 

Thank you all, 
Love Ms Wen

1 comment:

A mystery person said...

Ms Wen, I just came in to remind you one thing:please do not make the background so dark because it is bad for my eyesight.