Thursday, November 3, 2011

6E CIP

Activities:
3/11/11 - Captain's ball & Preparation for CIP trip
Dance
8/11/11 - Zoo
9/11/11 - Rehearsal



1. Why do people get dementia?
2. What can we do to help them?
3. How do you feel towards people with this disease?

Click on this link Dementia Facts to get some information and comment on the 3 questions. Include your name.

Love Ms Wen

6 comments:

Pei Shi said...

They start to have a problem with their brains. This problem means that they can't remember things and they get confused.I can help to remind them when they had forgotten and not to scold them.

Pei Shi said...

They start to have a problem with their brains. This problem means that they can't remember things and they get confused.I can help to remind them when they had forgotten somethings and not to scold them.

Winnie said...

1.Maybe they are really sick or someone hurt their feeling or their favorite thing is missing.
2.If they call me my mom name I will pretend to be my mom.
3.I felt that they really need help alot and i will help that.

WeIhAn said...

1.When some people grow older,they start to have a problem with their brains and they cannot remember some things,only part of their memory is remembered.
2.We should exercise patience and guide people with dementia.Although they might not be able to remember who you are,they will still feel happy and grateful.
3.At first,I felt that I might lose my patience and blow up at the person because he/she is so slow.But after some thinking,I decided that people having dementia is not their fault and I am sure they did not want it.

Xiang Ping said...

Dementia is caused by toxicity of the brain,a lifetime of accumulated heavy metals, hydrocarbons and an endless variety of other elements that simply do not belong in the brain of those who were diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease. This is a clear indication that heavy metals lead to problem in the brain.

Colour with crayons. Share a page of a colouring book and some crayons. Even if haven't colored yourself for a while, this one can be fun to do together.Get out your old blocks or legos. If you start building, they may join you.Old photo are great to share. You can look through them together and talk about the pictures. If they doesn't seem to remember the people or place in the pictures, that's okay. You can remember for both of you.

I felt very sorry for them although what they said may be very funny. They are suffering with this disease and some can't even remember their own family members. Like the video the Old man(Ah Kong) was calling his grandson "Ah Keng" as he thought that the grandson was his son. People who suffer from dementia will always recall on what happened in the past. Because of this, the way they talk to us is very funny and make themselves into a joke. Some people who suffered from dementia also behave like kids do. They will not behave in proper manner and they will not be mature. They will start to throw temper on others. Because of all the reason, I felt sorry for those who were diagnosed with dementia.

Jun Fa said...

Part of their brain might have malfunction(I think is like this=_=) or perhaps their loved ones abandoned them.We can tell their loved ones what happened and make videos of them to let the elderly to see to make him relieved as maybe in the past,they doted their grandchildren or children very much.For example,if i have this disease when i'm old,I will have no emotions,it's like as if you're only a puppet.If i can help them,I will try my very best to make their life better! :D